8 Questions You Should Ask Before Purchasing Solar PanelsEven if you are buying from a reputable installer it’s best to be armed with the facts. Here are 8 questions to ask your installer before you buy solar panels:
1. What is the estimated monthly and annual production in kWh of my system in its installation position?
2. What is the estimated solar electricity production in the best and worst months?
3. Who will service and maintain my solar system?
4. What are the responsibilities of each party? Including the installer, manufacturer and consumer.
5. Who is responsible for connecting your solar PV system to the electricity grid? Is it the installer or another subcontractor? When will it happen?
6. Who is responsible for your meter change? Make sure this is clarified. Quality installation companies usually offer to accommodate the whole job.
7. How will the installer credit your solar rebate (STCs)?
8. Get a detailed hand over manual.It is also important to get in writing the various component warranties including installer workmanship guarantee plus a schedule of when deposits and progress payments are due.