Have you ever purchased a product or service and then realised too late that something was missing or it didn’t work the way you imagined?
It’s more common than you’d think and it even happens in the solar panel industry.
If you are in the market for solar panels but you don’t know what questions to ask your installer, you may end up disappointed or confused. It’s never safe to assume, and that’s why we’ve put together the top 8 questions to ask before you buy solar panels.
8 Questions You Should Ask Before Purchasing Solar Panels
Even if you are buying from a reputable installer it’s best to be armed with the facts.
Here are 8 questions to ask your installer before you buy solar panels:
1. What is the estimated monthly and annual production in kWh of my system in its installation position?
2. What is the estimated solar electricity production in the best and worst months?
3. Who will service and maintain my solar system?
4. What are the responsibilities of each party? Including the installer, manufacturer and consumer.
5. Who is responsible for connecting your solar PV system to the electricity grid? Is it the installer or another subcontractor? When will it happen?
6. Who is responsible for your meter change? Make sure this is clarified. Quality installation companies usually offer to accommodate the whole job.
7. How will the installer credit your solar rebate (STCs)?
8. Get a detailed hand over manual.
It is also important to get in writing the various component warranties including installer workmanship guarantee plus a schedule of when deposits and progress payments are due.
More Information You Should Know Before Buying Solar
The questions above are from the free LG Beginner’s Guide to Solar ebook.
The ebook contains 16 pages of useful information for anyone thinking about getting solar.
Interested in advertising on Solar Trust Centre? Enquire here.