ABC News reported that the state of Victoria will boost their electric grid by installing two large-scale, grid-connected batteries.
The project is worth $50 million, funded by ARENA, the Victorian Government and the Federal Government.
Here are the key points for the project:
- One of the batteries will be located in Kerang, Northern Victoria.
- The Kerang battery will provide an expected 25 megawatts and will have a storage capacity of 50 megawatt-hours.
- It will be able to power 800 homes for 24 hours.
- The second battery will be installed in Ballarat and will provide 30 megawatts of energy and will be able to store 30 megawatt-hours.
- This battery will be owned by AusNet and will be supplied by Fluence.
The project is expected to be online next summer.