ABC News reported that the state of Victoria will boost their electric grid by installing two large-scale, grid-connected batteries.
The project is worth $50 million, funded by ARENA, the Victorian Government and the Federal Government.
Here are the key points for the project:
- One of the batteries will be located in Kerang, Northern Victoria.
- The Kerang battery will provide an expected 25 megawatts and will have a storage capacity of 50 megawatt-hours.
- It will be able to power 800 homes for 24 hours.
- The second battery will be installed in Ballarat and will provide 30 megawatts of energy and will be able to store 30 megawatt-hours.
- This battery will be owned by AusNet and will be supplied by Fluence.
The project is expected to be online next summer.
Interested in advertising on Solar Trust Centre? Enquire here.