Victoria will look to renewable energy to power half of the state’s energy requirements by 2025 under a new energy plan. The new renewable target will power up 25% of the state by 2020 and 40% by 2025 as reported by Australian.
The new energy plan imposes strict renewable energy targets and commitments to power the state tram network entirely with solar power.
The government has supported the construction of two large-scale solar farms in regional Victoria and will provide 140 megawatts and an additional reverse energy auction system to bring 650 megawatts to Vitoria’s supply.
Other advantages include:
- Households will save $30/year on power bills.
- Medium-sized businesses will save up to $2400/year.
- Increase state energy supply because it will give investors the certainty needed to commit to large-scale renewable energy projects.
- Will provide jobs for the duration of the project.
- Cut Vitoria’s greenhouse gas emissions by up to 16% between 2034-2035.
- Will be able to power 389,000 households.
Interested in advertising on Solar Trust Centre? Enquire here.