- South Australian pilot program uses human waste biogas to deliver renewable energy
A pilot program in South Australia will use biogas from human waste to store and deliver cheap, renewable energy.
- Labor pledges solar panels for schools in $1 billion program
Labor will pledge up to $1 billion to install solar panels at thousands of schools in a scheme to create “virtual power plants” that put energy back into the grid.
- Next federal government could turn Australia into clean energy superpower: Clean Energy Council
The CEC sent an open letter to politicians ahead of the May 18 federal election urging them to turn the nation into a global clean energy superpower.
- Shared solar and communal battery to power 100% renewable W.A. housing estate
A 100 per cent renewable residential development has been unveiled in Western Australia, featuring blockchain-ready solar homes, a microgrid supply network for water and power and – in what is being claimed as an Australian first – a shared on-site 670kWh battery.
- Australia can be powered 100% by renewables by early 2030s, says Garnaut
Leading economist and climate change policy expert Professor Ross Garnaut says that Australia could be powered 100 per cent by “intermittent” renewables by the early 2030s, and have a grid that is both reliable and secure and cheaper than it is now.
- ERM Power opens up renewables deals for small customers
Business electricity retailer ERM Power will on Tuesday invite wind and solar farm developers to offer short-term electricity supply from their projects to support its launch of a new product to smaller customers that are seeking to tap into the boom in low-cost, clean renewable energy.
Interested in advertising on Solar Trust Centre? Enquire here