Industry analysts SunWiz revealed 98 megawatts of rooftop solar have been installed in Australia for both business and homes in the month of August, making it the biggest month of the year for solar power adoption. The August result was 47% ahead as the same time in 2016 as reported by The Urban Developer.
State breakdowns as of August 2017 are as follows:
- New South Wales has 24 megawatts installed mostly from commercial and businesses.
- Queensland has 26 megawatts total, 58% ahead of last year.
- Victoria generated 18 megawatts with 40% total volume.
- South Australia installed 9 megawatts total, 42% ahead of last year.
- Western Australia produced 16 megawatts with 52% ahead of last year’s numbers.
Interested in advertising on Solar Trust Centre? Enquire here.