- Pay half the initial cost of a solar power system
- The rest is paid off over a four year period
- The four year pay-back is interest-free.
Andrews said in a later tweet, “Liberals will go into overdrive, because they support the dominance of the big, private energy companies and they are opposed to anything that puts power into the hands of families.”
ANNOUNCEMENT: We’ll hook you up to solar power – and we’ll cover the cost upfront. The big energy companies won’t like this one bit. pic.twitter.com/IOuq1sxsQp— Daniel Andrews (@DanielAndrewsMP) 18 August 2018
Bills are going up. Wages aren’t. So families deserve this.
Who is eligible for the Solar Homes program?The government has projected that the program will be available to households:
- With an income of up to $180,000
- With home values up to $3 million
- Making 9/10 households in the state eligible.
Read the full story at Energy Matters.
You may have heard we’re going to hook 650,000 homes up to solar power. But not all homes can have solar panels installed. So we’re offering this for 60,000 eligible households, too. pic.twitter.com/vp8ee3eBOl— Daniel Andrews (@DanielAndrewsMP) 19 August 2018