Simply Energy will develop an 8-megawatt virtual power plant in South Australia, following in the footsteps of Tesla’s giant lithium battery in the state as reported by Utility Drive.
Here are the key points about this project:
- The project will contain 1,200 residential Tesla Powerwall units which will provide 6 megawatts of storage.
- The project also plans for 2 extra megawatts of demand response capacity.
- The virtual power plant is expected to be completed by the end of 2019.
- ARENA pledged $7.7 million in funding for the project.
- Total project cost: $23 million to develop including installation of Tesla Powerwall batteries to 1,200 Adelaide homes.
Interested in advertising on Solar Trust Centre? Enquire here.