In January The Sydney Morning Herald released their 5 renewable energy predictions for 2018.
Let’s take a look.
1. Billions Will Be Invested in Renewable Energy
- Bloomberg New Energy Finance predicts clean energy investments will reach $414 billion in 2018.
- In Australia, renewable projects are up by 150%.
- Oil and gas companies are expanding into clean energy with Shell acquiring utility-scale solar company Silicon Ranch for US$200 million.
2. Solar Continues to Grow
- China will be the biggest investor in renewable energy projects.
- Microgrids will become a popular energy solution in Australia.
- South Australia has approved construction of a solar thermal powerplant and will continue to lead the country in renewable energy generation.
Interested in advertising on Solar Trust Centre? Enquire here.