Nearmap, an Australian imagery company has used the latest Clean Energy Regulator study to gather information and present New South Wales and Victoria’s top 5 postcodes regarding the growth of solar energy as reported by The Sydney Morning Herald.
From the ground, it can be difficult to see the progress our country is making to reduce energy costs and our carbon footprint, but when you look at it from the air, you can observe in incredible detail the renewable energy uptake occurring across our country. We’ve been capturing aerial images of Australia for the last 10 years, and have recently seen a dramatic change in the rooftop landscape, with many more solar panels on Aussie homes.
Nearmap executive Shane Preston
The top 5 postcodes in Victoria include:
- Cranbourne; 7003 solar units
- Truganina; 6912 solar units
- Derrimut and Werribee; 6148 solar units
- Craigieburn and Donnybrook; 4337 solar units
- Burnside; 3988 solar units
New South Wales top 5 postcodes include:
- Lismore; 5701 solar units
- Dubbo; 5468 solar units
- Hamlyn terrace; 4811 solar units
- Bilambil; 4714 solar units
- Moorebank; 4575 solar units
Interested in advertising on Solar Trust Centre? Enquire here.