Gransolar and Acciona Industrial have agreed to partner in building a 100 megawatts solar farm as reported by the Energy Business Review.
The joint venture will be built for the solar developer Fotowatio Renewable Ventures and is expected to be finished by the end of 2018.
The new solar facility details include:
- The farm is being developed within a 396 hectares area
- It will use 379,260 solar PVs using single-axis tracking systems and 25 transformers
- It can power up to 45,000 households
- It will also help minimise CO2 emissions per year with 175,000 tons cut out
Acciona has a significant presence in Australia, and this project represents another step in our commitment to developing sustainable and innovative infrastructure in the country.
– Ramon Jimenez, managing director of Acciona Industrial