GE Renewable Energy has announced an agreement with ENGIE in Australia to build and install 32 wind turbines for the Willogoleche Wind Farm as reported by North America Wind Power.
The project will be located 160 kilometers north of Adelaide in South Australia.
The key takeaways of the project include:
- A combination of 24 turbines (3.8 megawatts) and another 8 turbines (3.4 megawatts)
- It will be completed mid-2018
- It will produce enough to power 80,000 South Australian homes
- It will be the first time ENGIE and GE work together on renewables in Australia
- CATCON construction firm will take care of the wind farm’s construction