- Operating the country’s biggest gas and electricity markets and power systems
- Managing the National Electricity Market (NEM)
- Managing the interconnected power system in the eastern and south-eastern seaboard
- Overseeing the Wholesale Electricity Market (WEM)
- Overseeing Western Australia’s power system.
ARENA is looking to enhance short-term wind and solar forecasting projects to be applied to large-scale wind and solar farms across the country as reported by OpenGov Asia. ARENA is pledging up to $10 million in funding to improve the 5-minute ahead forecasts for wind and solar farms. ARENA is partnering with AEMO (Australian Energy Market Operator) in order to demonstrate that wind and solar farms can give an accurate forecast of their output into AEMO’s dispatch system. AEMO is responsible for:
Interested in advertising on Solar Trust Centre? Enquire here.